I'm so excited I can't sit still! The last time I felt this way was a day before the 5th Harry Potter book came out~~~
EDIT:
**hyperventilates**
The animation quality is top-notch, as expected. And the OP is by YUI! Love that the OP video matches the song. Yes, this series isn't letting me down yet.
Ed's 'you are short as always' jokes never gets old ^_^
Okay! Gotta hunt around for subs! See ya!
EDIT EDIT:
Zomg! Zomg! It's on Youtube! XDDDD (Okay, I know that within hours it'll be deleted due to copyright/licensing issues.... but what the heck!)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode 1 on Youtube
** These are raws (without subtitles), the subs will probably be out soon. I predict in a few hours time?
---------------------
FMA: BROTHERHOOD EP 1
Animation: 10/10
No worries here~~ Bones studio is famous for its high-quality animations, and even the old FMA had great graphics during its time. Now the animation had risen two notches above, due to the fact that it's already been 5 years since the old FMA had ended. The OP video took my breath away. The fighting scenes with Isaac was also nicely done, I loved the part when Al shielded Ed from Isaac's attack -- and during that same frame, you can catch a glimpse of Isaac running out of the alley. The attention to detail is just amazing! Superb graphics. But then again, the first episode will always have the best quality. We'll see if the animation stays constant for the upcoming episodes.
Plot: 8/10
Since this is an anime-original episode (don't worry, it'll delve into the manga in the next episode), I thought that it was a decent way to introduce the characters for the new series. It was a bit rushed, and too many characters were involved... but in this way, old fans wouldn't get bored, although new fans would be slightly confused. But if the next episodes are following the manga closely, then it'll be no worries at all when it comes to the storyline. Yep, since the manga's plot rocks.
Voices: 9/10
Ed and Al's voices were reprised by their original seiyuus, Paku Romi and Rie Kugimiya, I don't see any problem with that. But maybe within these 5 years, Paku Romi had developed a more... 'coarse, manlier' voice perhaps? Considering that she's a girl. Haha. I like how she made Edward's voice a tad more manly. And less noisy.
The first time I heard Roy voiced by Shinichiro Miki, I was a bit jarred by the fact that he sounded so young. Maybe I'm still used to Okawa Tohru's voice... but as the episode progressed, I started to like Roy's new voice. Kinda suave and charming. I kept on imagining Lockon's face as I listened to Roy. And the fact that Hughes's seiyuu also voiced Ali Al-Sanchez in Gundam 00... weird having Ali and Lockon talk to each other as best friends instead of hardcore enemies... LOL. And Kimbley's seiyuu was also a nice surprise.
Characters: 9/10
Al kicks ass this time! Yeah!! It's great to see both Elric brothers skillful in battle. Ed seem less bratty compared to the old FMA, and that's an improvement. Although I missed the 'Who's smaller than a speck of grain that you need a microscope to see???' thing he used to do. I didn't think I'd actually like Isaac, but I did -- he has a good sense of humour (even in the heat of battle!) and his Water Alchemy is AWESOME. Now I wish that there was a water alchemist in the manga...
Other than that, hmm. The rest of the characters seem to be IC with the manga. Works for me.
OVERALL: 9/10
All in all, I'm satisfied by the first episode. Hurry up and show ep 2 already! It'll be about the Elric brothers' past. Can't wait!
13 dreamflowers:
wha??
happy to go bak to uitm...=\
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode 1! Hehehe...
wowzers!
i dunno y im kinda excited,(nver watched fullmetal before)
well worth a try tho~
shza-chan~~~
where can i find it to download?=b
a no no on teh mininova pageee...
issit out yet?
did u mean its out in japan?
or on teh intehnetz?
nvm...ok got it...
Yes, watch Fullmetal Alchemist! Btw, it'll be airing on Animax Asia on 10 April, 10.30pm. Just in case ^_^
pehh~
so many infos meh?
ure really into this fullmetal stuffz~
I know... I've never been this nerded out about an anime before... hahaha.
Johan >> Ahahaha! I can tell. Anyhow, Roy's new voice works well for him...
WHAT?? No fairrrrr!
I'm streaming the sub now, so there! XD
Betcha Julia is spazzing out about this, huh? XD
omg you have made me remember what it was like to indulge in anime....! damnit i miss it!!! but you know youre always the one that introduces me to new stuff.. so really, i have no idea how to get back in. haha!
*Makes a point to watch more anime*
Johan >> Isaac had cool alchemy. If only the manga had a character like him...
Can't wait for episode 2!
Joanna >> Watch Natsume Yuujinchou! And Fullmetal Alchemist! You can catch it on Youtube. =)
Post a Comment