Syurga di bawah tapak kaki ibu

Everyone in this world wants the best for themselves and their loved ones. We want luxury, happiness, wealth and health. If it were possible, we want everything to remain young and pretty and never changing.

But it's inevitable when we get older and helplessly watch things fall apart. We desperately try to find a way to cure it, but it still marches solemnly to its destined end. And we can only watch from afar, wondering why it's happening to us.

It's called the Chaos theory. According to this theory, everything in this world must disintegrate sooner or later. Metals rust. People die. The world crumbles. The sun explodes. The universe dies.

Parents get old. We take over their responsibilities. It's the way of life.

I feel bad for blaming my parents about not understanding me. I shouldn't have said all those things. After all, they're still human. They have their own strengths and weaknesses.

My mom's getting old. I can tell that she's given up on a lot of things -- just accepting her life just as it is. In the end, she can't work forever. I know she always hoped for us to take care of her, sending us to all those tuition classes, hoping we'd succeed in life. It's only human nature to expect to reap for what we have sown. Sacrifies are not made without hoping there wouldn't be anything in return.

I really want to make a difference. I would love to say to my mom that she doesn't have to work anymore and I will support her from now on. But I'm still selfish. I want to continue my education to the level that I want. Just give me a few more years. Then I'll do the best to repay my mom for all the things she did.

And er-- maybe this holidays I'm gonna try some recipes haha. Better than lazing around doing nothing.

0 dreamflowers: