At Docklands/Harbour Town
View from Federation Square and Flinders Train Station (where I was)
Sychronized fireworks being shot from the top of buildings all over the city
Melbourne Arts Centre -- Beautiful grand finale of the New Year's fireworks display
I celebrated the previous New Year with my mom and aunts at the Geelong waterfront, so I wasn't expecting much when I went to Mebourne this time with my housemates and friends. But the experience was totally mind-blowing. After some shopping (mainly for our parents), we headed out to the Yarra river behind Federation Square and waited around for the family-friendly 9.30pm fireworks at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. We chose a sloping patch of grass that looked right at the river and the Botanical Gardens, and so we just lazed around lying on the grass, looking up at the night sky with the spotlights making moving patterns in the sky.
Around 11.30 we headed back towards Federation Square and stood on the bridge, watching sychronized fireworks shooting up from all over the city -- so it looked like the whole skyline was filled with explosions in the sky. I think it lasted for a good half-an-hour, and the finale was lighting up the Arts Centre tower with fireworks on every level so that it looked like the tower was exploding into million lights of dazzling colours. Braving the crowd was totally worth it at the end.
We rushed back to Southern Cross Station and managed to take the last train (1.00am) back to Geelong. My head is still filled with thoughts of the fireworks. I spent two consecutive New Years in Australia -- I'm definitely gonna miss this place so much.





1 dreamflowers:
@.@
Post a Comment